At the same time, the lawsuit states, Levine would give the boy gifts - with an alleged total value of ,000 - and also wrote him a college recommendation later. By then, the pair would occasionally dine together at New York City restaurants near Lincoln Center.
The accusations against Levine, among the most prominent classical music conductors in the world, are the latest in a stream of sexual misconduct charges involving high-profile men in entertainment and the media that have rocked the nation since accusations against film mogul Harvey Weinstein were reported in October.New York's Metropolitan Opera has announced it is suspending its relationship with longtime conductor James Levine pending an investigation into multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him.The opera cut Levine from its schedule on Sunday, a day after a lawsuit emerged that alleges the 74-year-old sexually harassed a 15-year-old boy for nearly 10 years.Also on Sunday the New York Times reported similar accounts from two other men accusing Levine of sexual misconduct.'Mr.
Levine will not be involved in any Met activities, including conducting scheduled performances at the Met this season,' the Met said in a statement. Cleary, a former US attorney and the current head of the investigations practice at the Proskauer Rose law firm, to lead the investigation.
Met officials said they learned of the police report last year and announced they were launching an investigation.